vendredi 12 septembre 2008

I can finally update! Part 4

11 September 2008
A short entry for today: As people back home commemorate 9/11, I just wanted to note that South Africans are commemorating the death of Steve Biko, an important figure in the struggle against apartheid. After classes, we went to the University of Cape Town’s upper campus and listened to what I consider to be an eloquent lecture that brought forward the realities of living in South Africa. I shall not write about what others thought, but I will write that it certainly got us talking afterwards.

For dinner, I had beef (which, once again, reminded me about Filipino cooking back home in Michigan) along with pap and many “soft” vegetables—pumpkin, potato and another one I couldn’t quite tell in its cooked state. The meat was great (I even had tomato sauce with it!). As for the other foods, they were great on their own. However, try eating a bunch of that at once and eh… but still very good!

MA

Ps/ I’m feeling extremely better than the past few days, and the weather has been cooperating much more!

Aucun commentaire: